If you detect a fire
I you detect a fire
- WARN others
- ASSIST others that are in immediate danger, as long as you do not expose yourself to risks
- CALL the emergency number 112
- EXTINGUISH the fire if possible, but without taking unnecessary risks.
- CLOSE the doors to prevent the fire from spreading
- EVACUATE via the nearest exit - assembly point in Maria Albert's park (see link above)
Remember to pay attention to evacuation plans and the nearest emergency exit.
- Remember that fire smoke is toxic - get out safely by crawling along the floor.
- Close the doors behind you when you go out to reduce the spread of smoke and fire.
- Never leave candles unattended.
When SOS answers 112, they want to know:
- What has happened?
- Where did the accident happen?
- What phone number are you calling from?
- What is your name?
Fire extinguishers in the university's premises
Fire extinguishers are deployed at strategic locations and are marked out in the evacuation plan.
If you have questions about the university's fire equipment, please contact Sven-Eric Löfgren-Järnerot.