The university's objectives regarding diversity concern both students and employees and focus on the areas education and research, working conditions, recruitment, harassment and discrimination. Strategies to reach the objectives consist of mapping, action plans, follow-ups and evaluations.
Examples of diversity issues the university is working with:
- In what way is "diversity" illuminated in syllabi and programme syllabi?
- How are people with a different background taken into consideration when the courses and programmes are planned and carried out?
- Are there any possibilities for students with another first language than Swedish to obtain support and education in the Swedish language?
The definition of equality at University West is everybody's equal rights and opportunities concerning studies, conditions of employment and personal development regardless of gender. Equality work concerns all staff.
Examples of current objectives and measures regarding equality:
- The university should actively work to achieve an equal distribution between the sexes (60/40) regarding positions in a particular subject or department where there is an unequal distribution between the sexes.
- More women should be recruited to appointments to professor and senior lecturer.
Harassment and discrimination
University West does not accept any form of discrimination, either among employees or among students, and wants to actively work for a friendly and respectful working climate which prevents opportunities for discrimination.