- Division of Welding Technology
- Division of Production System
- Division of Mechanical Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Division of Computer, Electrical and Surveying Engineering
- Division of Subtractive and Additive Manufacturing
The Department of Engineering Science offers a number of good quality engineering and technology programmes. The Mechanical Engineering Programme received an award for Technical Education of the Year in 2008 from the Association of Swedish Engineering Industries. There are currently around 30 ongoing research projects conducted by the department in close collaboration with the industry. The largest part of the research is conducted at Sweden's most modern production technological laboratory, the Produkction Technology Centre PTC.