Visualisation of campus: Photo: Contekton Arkitekter
- Campus Plan 2030 becomes an important guide in the process of developing University West as an attractive university. Our ambition is that University West should be an active[ social actor. Our profile, as well as our mission from the government, "Work Integrated learning" (WIL), means that we have an important role to play in an ever-changing world. Now we are going to develop our campus so that it reflects that we are Sweden’s leading WIL university, says Vice-Chancellor Martin Hellström.
Based on the campus plan, the aim is to create an environment where academia and working life meet and where students, employees, collaboration partners and the public want to be. Campus Plan 2030 goes hand in hand with the ambitions of Trollhättan City to develop the city center.
Some examples of priority development areas are:
• Build housing for students and guest teachers on campus
• Create green environments - outside and inside
• Create space for activity, service and interaction.
- It has been extremely rewarding to lead the project in developing Campus Plan 2030. An important success factor has been the collaboration with the City of Trollhättan, municipal companies and the Student Union from the start of the project, says University Director Li Lejerstedt.
-Vision and goals have been developed in collaboration and the mission has been for the campus plan to contribute to strengthening and developing the University West's attractiveness as a leading WIL university and the City of Trollhättan's attractiveness as a student and knowledge city with a vibrant and attractive city center.
“A campus where interaction is created, bringing together knowledge, ideas, culture and people. Our campus is a creative and inspiring environment for life-long learning and multi-disciplinary collaboration. It forges interaction between academia, working life and the surrounding community to collectively create knowledge and development. Our campus publicises research and progress achieved in an accessible, inclusive way. It is an inviting place, where everyone feels welcome.”
-The university's location in the city center gives us unique development opportunities. I look forward to continued collaboration to realize our common goals, says Li Lejerstedt.
“Campus Plan 2030” is published at hv.se/en/campusdevelopment