Hosted by Dr. Axel Gerloff, WACE Board of Director, and DHBW Stuttgart, the Symposium will look to feature and showcase ongoing and new research in the CWIE community. Building upon the solid foundation of the Second International Research Symposium at the University of Victoria in Canada and the recent World Conference in Chiang Mai, Thailand, the Symposium International Advisory Committee seeks abstracts on a broad range of research topics and subjects. The Committee is particularly interested in new and developing CWIE research for both Refereed Research Papers and Academic Posters from established and new researchers.
WACE, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) and the WACE International Research Community (IRC) are excited to announce the Call for Abstracts for the Third International CWIE Research Symposium to be held June 23-27, 2018 in Stuttgart, Germany. Hosted by Dr. Axel Gerloff, WACE Board of Director, and DHBW Stuttgart, the Symposium will look to feature and showcase ongoing and new research in the CWIE community.
Building upon the solid foundation of the Second International Research Symposium at the University of Victoria in Canada and the recent World Conference in Chiang Mai, Thailand, the Symposium International Advisory Committee seeks abstracts on a broad range of research topics and subjects. The Committee is particularly interested in new and developing CWIE research for both Refereed Research Papers and Academic Posters from established and new researchers.
Call For Refereed Paper & Academic Poster Abstracts
WACE's 3rd International Research Symposium will focus on:
- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT in CWIE*
- and will feature REFEREED RESEARCH PAPERS & ACADEMIC POSTERS.
*Cooperative & Work Integrated Education (CWIE) is a term created by WACE
to acknowledge and embrace all forms of work-integrated learning.
Please use the following link to the Abstract Submission Form tab on the event webpage to submit your 250 word abstract:
WACE THIRD IRS ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM THEME
"CWIE Research: Expanding Global Collaborations & Opportunities"
RESEARCH TOPICS OF INTEREST AS IDENTIFIED BY
THE WACE INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COMMUNITY (IRC)
- Accessibility: Gender, Indigenous, Disability, Socio-economic
- Collaborations: Inter-institutional, Stakeholders & Inter-sectoral
- Faculty Engagement and Teaching for Transfer Students
- Impact of CWIE on Communities and Society
- Interdisciplinary Knowledge & Contexts
- International Students & International Partnerships
- Mapping & Reconciling Goals Across Multiple Stakeholders
- Policy & Practice within CWIE
- Quality Assurance & Assessment
- Resilience and Adaptability in a Changing Labour Market
- Teaching & Learning in CWIE
- Working with Employers of International CWIE Students
Refereed Research Paper & Academic Poster Deadlines
REFEREED RESEARCH PAPERS:
- August 15, 2017 to January 15, 2018: Abstract Submission Period for Refereed Research Papers
(with rolling review & acceptance; early submissions are highly recommended)
- February 15, 2018: Full Refereed Research Papers due for double blind review
- April 15, 2018: Double Blind Review ends and authors will receive comments by this date
- May 15, 2018: Refereed Research Paper Presenters must register to be included in International Research Symposium Program
- June 1, 2018: (Optional) Revised Refereed Research Papers due (based on reviewers' comments)
- August 15, 2017 to April 15, 2018: Abstract Submission Period for Academic Posters
- May 15, 2018: Academic Poster presenters must register to be included in the International Research Symposium Program
REFEREED RESEARCH PAPERS
- Description: Refereed Research Papers are those that feature empirical work and may be either Quantitative, Qualitative or Mixed Methods research.
- Blind-Review Process: The review of the submitted paper will be conducted through a double blind-review process.
- Online Conference Proceedings: The full papers will be featured in the online Symposium Proceedings, which are housed on the WACE website. Should an author wish not to have his/her full paper featured due to a publishing conflict with a journal to which he/she will subsequently submit the paper, the author should notify the WACE Secretariat. The online Symposium Proceedings will contain an assigned ISBN.
- Presentation: Presentations will be scheduled in a 35 minute time slot, with indicatively 25 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of discussion.
- Research Papers: All Refereed Research Papers should focus on CWIE research.
- Submission Criteria: If the abstract is accepted, a full paper must be submitted no later than February 15, 2018 for the double blind-review process, in which the paper will be critiqued by a team of international reviewers who will submit completed evaluation forms, which may contain recommendations for improvement (to be conveyed to author(s)), to the WACE Secretariat.
- Full Refereed Paper Requirements:
- Minimum of six 400 word double-spaced pages and not exceeding twelve 400 word double-spaced pages, not including the cover page, notes, or bibliography.
- APA format.
- On the cover page, include the title of the paper and all author names and institutions (the author information will be removed for the double-blind review process).
- Please see the WACE Refereed Paper Guidelines document available on the International Research Symposium webpage for detailed instructions.
- Please Note:
- Papers must be sent in Microsoft Word ONLY, PDF versions will not be accepted and will be returned to the submitting author.
- The acceptance of a paper after the refereeing process does not guarantee that it will be published by a journal. Publication will be at the discretion of the journal of your choosing
- Description: All Academic Posters should focus on the International Research Symposium Theme and will present a variety of contributions on different topics, from different countries, and using different theoretical perspectives and methodologies. There will be a designated Academic Poster Session during the International Research Symposium which all delegates will attend.
- Presentation: Presentations will be scheduled in a one hour time slot, for attendance by all International Research Symposium delegates.
- Submission Criteria: Each submission must include the following:
- Title, authors and affiliations (only the first author will be contacted. He/she is responsible for contacting other authors regarding acceptance of the submission).
- A maximum 250 word abstract detailing the study, the methodology, and the results.
- Academic Poster Requirements:
- Upon acceptance, the academic poster should be scientific and contain the following sections: Title, Author(s) and affiliation(s), Abstract, Introduction with Rationale, Methods, Results, Discussion, Implications, and References.
- The dimensions should be 70 cm (wide) X 100 cm (high).
- Font size should be 68 - 75 for the title, 40 - 50 for headings, and 22 - 28 for all text, figures, and tables.
- The presenter(s) should bring paper copies and business cards for distribution.
- No projector is available in the room.
For more information go to WACE website at waceinc.org or click on this link to the
WACE Third International Research Symposium @
Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW).
Where & When
Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW)
June 23-27, 2018