The requirements for being able to lead and / or attend a Zoom meeting is that you have:
- Internet-connected computer
- Headset with microphone
Zoom in Canvas
In our learning platform Canvas, we use Zoom for e-meetings. To connect to an e-meeting follow these steps:
- Go to your course in Canvas and click Zoom
- Enter the meeting by clicking Join
- Allow cookies and proceed
- If this is the first time you enter a Zoom meeting, the Zoom client will now be downloaded
- When the download is complete, click Run
- Click Join with Computer Audio
- Now you are in the meeting
Inside the e-meeting room
Tools for the meeting can be found in the list at the bottom of the window. The list becomes active as soon as you move the mouse. Here is where you start and stop the camera and the microphone. Make sure you have the correct audio device connected by clicking the small arrow to the right of the microphone symbol. To leave the meeting, click Leave Meeting.
Using zoom without canvas
First, you need to download the Zoom client and install it on your computer. If you have previously used Zoom via Canvas, the client is already installed and you have a Zoom icon on your desktop. In that case, go directly to the paragraph How to enter Zoom.
- Go to the Zoom download page
- Click Download, and install the Zoom Client for Meetings
- Now you have got a Zoom icon on your computer desktop
How to enter Zoom
- Start the Zoom client by clicking the Zoom icon on your computer's desktop
- Click Sign in (Please note! not Join Meeting)
- Select Sign in with SSO
- A dialogue box pops up. In the field Enter your company domain, type hv-se, click Continue
- Log in with your University West account
- Now the Zoom panel starts. (The Zoom Web page that pops up can be closed)
Now you're ready to create an e-meeting!
- Click Schedule in the Zoom panel
- Fill in your meeting details and click Schedule
- A meeting request is opened. Fill in the names of the participants and send the meeting request
Please note! The meeting time is limited to 40 minutes when the meeting has been created by a student. Then the meeting must be ended and restarted in case the meeting should continue.
How to enter the e-meeting
Enter the e-meeting by clicking the link in your booking. The creator of the e-meeting can also enter the meeting via the Zoom panel, Meetings.