With WiFi-eduroam you can connect to Internet at campus Trollhättan and many other places. To be able to install eduroam it is required that you have a University West account, entered a separate eduroam password at mittkonto.hv.se (My Account) and that your identity has been verified. You can verify your identity at Servicecenter or at the webb. If you have acquired the West Card you have already verified your identity. More information about eduroam.
The following steps will guide you through the installation.
- Go to mittkonto.hv.se and enter an eduroam password if you have'nt already done that. Wait for about 30 minutes until the password is valid.
- Verify your identity, see above (if you have a West card you have already verified your identity).
- Download the installation file based on what version of Windows you have and save it in an appropriate folder.
- Go to the folder with the downloaded file. Rightclick on the file and select "Run as Administrator".
- If you get a security warning click "Run". Go to the next step.
- An installation window will appear, click "Next".
- In the next window you click OK if you have an University West account. If you don't have one, you can not continue the installation.
- In the window for user credentials you enter your username followed by @hv.se (that is @hv.se for both students and staff) example: firstname.lastname@example.org and your eduroam password. Then click install.
- A security warning will appear. Click "Yes" and the certificate will be installed. Then click "Finish".
If the computer for some reason is not connected to eduroam now, click Connections and then double-click eduroam.