WACE is pleased to provide this announcement for the ACE-BC, CACEE and CAFCE 2017 National Conference Call for Proposals
Please use the contact information at the end of the announcement should there be any questions about the Call for Proposals or the Conference.
CACEE, CAFCE & ACE National Conference
Date: Sunday, May 28 - Wednesday, May 31 2017
Venue: Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle Downtown Hotel Vancouver, BC
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
We invite you to share your expertise and best practices with your colleagues at the 1st National ACE/CACEE/CAFCE Conference, May 28 - May 31, 2017, at the Marriott Pinnacle Hotel, Vancouver, British Columbia.
An outstanding three full days of programming is being designed to meet the professional development needs of employers, co-op practitioners and career educators. We invite you to share your new success stories and innovations.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS IS NOW OPEN!
Interested co-op practitioners, career educators, employers, academics, researchers and industry partners are invited to submit their presentation proposals for conference presentation sessions.
The theme of the conference is "Better Together". Suggested presentation themes are:
For more information and to register please access here:
1. Strengthening Connections: Students, Higher Education, Industry and Community
2. Work Integrated Learning Practices
3. Curriculum and Practice
4. Program Analytics, Evaluation and Research
5. Contemporary Issues in Career Education
6. Research in WIL, Employer Recruiting and Career Education
7. Employer Development
8. Teaching and Learning
9. Student Career Employment Outcomes
10. Student Expectations
12. Recruiting Practices with Emphasis on Digital and Social Media
13. Effectiveness of Applicant Tracking Systems
14. Career Services Models for Best Delivery
Conference presentation sessions will be 60 minutes. Please email presentation proposals (1-2 pages) and address the following headings:
- Title of presentation
- Audience: Employers, Career Educators, Co-op Practitioners, and/or Researchers
- Key learning goals and outcomes
- Strategies for engaging participants
- Speaker/s biography and high resolution photo/s
- Audio-visual requirements
- Key contact information
Presentation proposals will be reviewed by the 2017 Conference Program Committee and speakers will be contacted regarding their submissions by end of November. Proposals will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Alignment with the conference theme and target audiences
- Adherence to the required submission structure
- Originality of the practice/research/topic or issue
- Contribution to new knowledge
Please submit proposals by Friday, November 4, 2016 to Larry Iles, Thompson Rivers University, firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries regarding the 2017 CACEE, CAFCE & ACE Conference please contact Nancy Moulday at Nancy.Moulday@td.com