The goal is to develop a new manufacturing methodology capable of ensuring the manufacturability, reliability and quality of a target metal component from initial product design via Direct Energy Deposition (DED) technologies, implementing a zerodefect manufacturing approach ensuring robustness, stability and repeatibility of the process.
To achieve this aim, INTEGRADDE addresses following key innovations:
- Development of an intelligent data-driven AM pipeline.
- Combination of automatic topology optimisation algorithms for design, multi-scale process modelling, automated hardwareindependent process planning, online control and distributed NDT for the manufacturing of certified metal parts.
- A self-adaptive control is adopted focused on the implementation of non-propagation of defects strategy. Moreover, Data Analytics will provide a continuous refinement by acquiring process knowledge to assist in the manufacturing of new metal components, improving right-first-time production by adopting a mass customization approach.
- Cybersecurity ensures data integrity along the AM workflow, providing a novel manufacturing methodology for the certification of metal AM parts.
INTEGRADDE implements a twofold deployment approach for the pilot lines: both in application-driven at five industrial endusers (steel, tooling, aeronautics, and construction) and open-pilot networks at RTOs already owning AM infrastructure (AIMEN, IREPA, CEA, WEST). This will allow a continuous validation and deployment of specific developments towards industrialization, boosting definitive uptake of AM in EU metalworking sector.
Forskningsmiljö / Institution
- Institutionen för ingenjörsvetenskap
Medverkande Högskolan Väst
- EU Ram - Horizon 2020/Cleansky
- Horizon 2020/Clean Sky