Antingen stödjer din webbläsare inte javascript, eller är javascript inaktiverat. Denna webbplats fungerar bäst om du aktiverar javascript.

The Principle of Public Access

The university is subject to regulations under the Freedom of the Press Act regarding public access. This means that all information that is registered about you as an individual student is publicly accessible. Exceptions can only be made if granted under the Publicity and Secrecy Act – see below regarding students in need of protection.

Students and the Personal Data Act

The purpose of the Personal Data Act (PuL) is to protect people from infringement of their personal integrity when personal data is being processed. Personal data includes all types of information that can be directly or indirectly linked to a living physical person. Such information may include names or personal identity numbers.

Study documentation
LADOK is a national study documentation database that registers the details of people applying to university and those who are studying at university. LADOK contains information about admissions, courses on which you are registered and results.

The database can be used for administrative tasks within a relatively broad remit without special permission from students.

How can I find out what information is kept about me?
You can submit a request in writing and you will be entitled to receive a print-out from the database as soon as possible. The information should normally be supplied within a month of your request being submitted. There is no charge for one print-out per year. You can submit your request to the Student Centre.

What if there is an error in the database?
The person responsible for processing personal data is obliged to rectify, block or delete on request any information that is incorrect or incomplete and as soon as possible, with regard to the purpose of the processing.


Certain decisions that affect you as an individual student can be appealed against if the decision has not gone in your favour. Appeals are handled by the Higher Education Appeals Board – a public authority similar to a court – which decides whether a decision should be changed or whether it should stand, unless the university changes its previous decision voluntarily.

You will find information about the kind of decisions that can be appealed against under the relevant heading below.