Software for your private computer
The university tries as far as possible to sign software agreement where students and staff should be able to install the software on their personal computer. From the following suppliers, you are entitled to download software and install on your personal computer as long as you are a student or employee at University West.
- IBM SPSS Statistics. Computer program for statistical analysis.
- MATLAB. Computer program and program language for mathematical and technical calculations.
- Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching. MS operating systems and software (not Office).
- Microsoft Office
- TorTalk. Speech synthesis software.
- University West cannot take responsibility for your installation, provide support for it, or take responsibility for any errors.
- You should read the EULA (End User License Agreement) before installing the programs.
Software on university computers
At University West, there are about two hundred softwares installed. These are distributed on the University's student computers in different levels according to license availability and hardware requirements.