Antingen stödjer din webbläsare inte javascript, eller är javascript inaktiverat. Denna webbplats fungerar bäst om du aktiverar javascript.

1. Join the Introduction Days

The Introduction Days are the official start of your studies at University West. You will receive more information about the exact programme in the beginning of July. In the meanwhile, you can check the information about the Introduction Days on our website.

2. Find your way on campus

You can check the maps of our campus. If you have a car you can read more about how and where to park.

Watch the campus tour by the Student Union:


3. Connect to the university’s wireless network

We recommend our students to use our WiFi Eduroam. After installing Eduroam you get an automatic connection to Internet as soon as you come to campus and other places where Eduroam is available.

This is how it works

Video about Eduroam


4. Make yourself familiar with IT facilities (computers, software, e-mail etc.)

Our IT-department created a page with useful information about our IT facilities.

5. Get a West card (Västkortet)

In order to access rooms at the university, borrow books from the library, print, copy or borrow technical equipment you will need a West card (Västkortet in Swedish).
The West card is linked to your student account, so the 4-digit code you select when creating your student account applies also to this card. You will be able to pick up your West Card at the Servicecenter during the Introduction Days. 

Read more about the West Card

Video about the West card:


As the university does not accept cash, you will also need to create a personal PayEx-account in order to top-up money on your West Card and pay for your printouts.

Read more about copying/printing and PayEx account

6. Examination – this is how it works

Read more about examinations and how to register.

7. Register for courses

Before the start of a new course in your program, you have to register for each via Ladok for students. Registration opens four weeks prior to course start.

More information on registration

8. Print your student records

For purposes within Sweden, such as the Migration Agency, you can print your own registration certificate (which courses you are/have been registered on) or transcript of records (your results/grades). For purposes outside of Sweden you need a signature and stamp. For this, please visit ServiceCenter and they will issue one for you.
All international exchange students will receive their transcript of records at the end of their study period (approximately 3 weeks after the end of the same semester) automatically.

View and print records through Ladok for students