Antingen stödjer din webbläsare inte javascript, eller är javascript inaktiverat. Denna webbplats fungerar bäst om du aktiverar javascript.

Right now

The University is conducting a survey on the experience of the study environment from a equal terms and opportunities perspective (in Swedish “lika villkor”). The survey is open during the spring term 2022.
Read more about the web survey and answer it here.

Where to turn depends on the views or complaints:

Discrimination and harassment

If you feel that you have been discriminated against or harassed, follow University West's routines for discrimination. You can find the routines here.

Decisions on admission, grades, credits, diplomas etc.

According to the Higher Education Ordinance (1993: 100), you have the right to appeal certain decisions made by the university. These include admission, credit transfer, diplomas, study breaks and withdrawal of the doctoral student's educational resources. The decisions include information on how to appeal.

Rules and guidelines för education

The university has local rules for examinations, course pm, course plans, course evaluations etc. Links to rules and guidelines for education at basic and advanced level. Guidelines for doctoral education can be found in the Staff Portal. Take a look at them to see what rights and obligations you have as a student.

The content and structure of courses and study programs

If you want to give opinions or make complaints, you should first contact the teacher concerned. If you do not receive an answer or do not want to accept the answer, you can turn to other responsible parties according to this order:

  • Course responsible teacher
  • Examiner
  • Program responsible teacher (if you are studying in a program)
  • Head of subdivision at the department that provides the course or program
  • Head of the department that provides the course or program

To find the right person, see the university's organization (click on each department's page on management). You can also ask in the Service Center.

If for some reason you cannot or do not want to turn to those responsible at the department, you have the opportunity to receive support from the Student Union at University West. If you are a doctoral student, you can also turn to the director of studies for postgraduate education, or to the subject council.

Study environment and service

Do you have comments or complaints regarding the university's premises, IT, equipment, study administration, student support / library and the like? Contact

Contact the web editor if there are any problems on the website.