Antingen stödjer din webbläsare inte javascript, eller är javascript inaktiverat. Denna webbplats fungerar bäst om du aktiverar javascript.

Residence Permit & Visa

In order for you to get a decision in time to start your course, it is essential that you apply for a residence permit as soon as you have received your letter of admission.

For studies that are shorter than three months, citizens in certain countries must have an entry visa. More information about what countries whose citizens need visa and the application procedure for residence permits and visas can be obtained either from the nearest Swedish embassy or consulate or at the Swedish Migration Agency web pages. If you want to contact the Swedish Embassy in your home country, you can find the address on the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs web pages.

Insurance for all students during school hours

All students at University West are insured by the state insurance company Kammarkollegiet during school hours and travels to and from the university, or during any activities performed by the university. This insurance covers emergency health care in case of an accident. This insurance does not cover emergency health care due to accidents during students' sparetime, nor does it cover regular health or dental care. For this reason, international students who are not exchange students or fee paying, need to have a private health insurance. For students from EU countries, read about the EU Health Insurance Card below.

Insurance for exchange and fee paying students

Incoming exchange or fee paying students registered at the university are covered by special insurances (Student IN and FAS) that are valid study time and free time during the time of studies, as well as two weeks prior to the start of the studies and two weeks after the end of the studies. More detailed information about the conditions as well as forms can be found at the Kammarkollegiet website. 

The insurance covers emergency dental and health care. European students from countries in the EU pay the same fee for a visit to a doctor or a nurse as Swedish citizens, but you must bring a European Health Insurance Card which you get from your local health authority free of charge. For more information, visit the European Commission website.

When it comes to non-european exchange or fee paying students you will be charged a higher fee to see a doctor, but you can claim the cost from the insurance company by submitting a claim form signed by the International Office.

Please note that the insurance provided by the university does not cover loss of property. You have to buy your own insurance for this.

More information