If you have questions about Padlet, contact the ICT educational developers at Akademus.
Content on this page
Click on the links to go directly to the section.
- What is Padlet?
- How do I get an account?
- How do I create a Padlet?
- How do I share a Padlet in Canvas?
Padlet is an educational tool and can be compared to making posts in a digital writing surface. The Padlet has many uses and can be used, for example, for collaboration, notes, links and discussions, both for online and in classroom teaching either synchronously or asynchronously.
Padlet can be used independently or embedded on a page in Canvas.
It is also possible to use Padlet in the Canvas student app.
Students can not create their own Padlets, but can participate in those created by teachers.
Have you requested an HV account in Padlet? If not, do so by filling out this form.
Once we have received your information, we will create the account for you.
You will receive an email confirmation from Padlet with a link to your account (there may be information about changing the password in the email, but you do not need to do so when using your HV account).
When logging in, select Sign in with Microsoft and your usual login credentials.
The video shows how to create and share a Padlet in Canvas. (After the video was recorded, Padlet's appearance has been updated, but the functions are the same.)
You can embed your Padlet into Canvas. Then the students can post directly in Canvas.
Open your Padlet for students
- Click Share in the menu to the right
- Select Change privacy.
- Select Secret. This means that those who have the link can reach the Padlet, but no one else.
- Set visitors' permissions to Can write.
- Save your settings.
Get embed code
- Click Share in the menu to the right i Padlet.
- Select Embed on your blog or yor website.
- Click Copy.
Embed in Canvas
- Go to your course in Canvas.
- Create or open an existing page to edit.
- Click on the cloud for embed.
- Paste the code from Padlet into the field, submit and then save your page.