The goal is to develop knowledge about methods, models and support techniques to organize and lead an increasingly digitized production industry, where complex information, collaboration and learning between operational employees and their management are in focus. New management methods and measurements are necessary in order to continuously "measure and learn". People's role and digital skills in the future production industry will be studied in particular. Research questions to explore are:
- In what way will digitalization in general and IoT in particular change industrial work and its conditions for lead and learn?
- How will future organization and management of digital innovation and learning in the manufacturing industry be effectively supported?
A mixed method approach will be used. Both participatory action research and big data analytic studies becomes important as the development of new measurement methods, management and learning of production processes will be conducted. Field studies with planning and implementing experiments, evaluating these with different methods, writing reports, journal articles and presenting results at seminars, at companies and at conferences are included. A genuine actor and user involvement from industry in all part of the research process will be assured: exploration, design, intervention cycles, evaluation and diffusion. Collaboration with and invitation to skilled people from Industry 4.0 will be organized to teach in the field, at different levels of our education in work‐integrated learning. This collaboration can benefit both students and companies, as students gain increased knowledge of the area and companies can showcase themselves as possible future employers.
Education at advanced level
There is a need to develop, organise and give courses for the new master programs in Informatics and Design as well as Business administration and Leadership. These two master programs are part of the strategic work to ensure recruitment of Ph.D. students and to provide the industry with state of the art designers and managers in the field of digital transformation in industry. Important education tasks include:
- Participate in development of new courses at advanced level
- Give courses at advanced level and supervise and manage student-industry projects
- Digitalization of course content and material on advanced level
Forskningsmiljö / Institution
- Arbetsintegrerat lärande
- Primus (KK-miljö)
- Institutionen för ekonomi och IT